CTA provides a wide range of theatre arts education, including:
- Audition workshops, including the basics of how to audition and how to get noticed by the production team.
- Workshops with multiple sessions in both fall and winter sessions, held weekly over 8 to 12 weeks period focusing on development of the total performer and ending with a performance for family, friends, and the general public.
- Special masterclasses are presented periodically with highly regarded professionals in different areas of the theatre arts.
- “Behind the Scenes” training is presented to all production participants and walks them through all the aspects of the physical theatre.
These programs give each participant the opportunity to learn the basics of theatre, expand their imagination, develop voice, dance and performance techniques, and much more. All training, workshops and camps are aimed to specific age and skill groups.
PRODUCTION WORKSHOPS presented by Tiffany Shannon Productions
Through workshops students gain experience and knowledge in acting techniques, improvisation, characterization, movement, props, scenery, and much more. Production workshops conclude with a final performance on our main stage. In production workshops, teamwork is a major focus and all participants are guaranteed a role. We encourage students with all levels of experience to attend.
*Please note: workshop productions are subject to change due to cast requirements and limitations.
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOPS TUITION: $320.00
Book by James Devita // Music and Lyrics by Bill Francoeur
Take a wildly entertaining trip through Alice’s looking glass to the beat of a hip-hopping soundtrack by Bill Francoeur. This delightful adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking Glass retains all of the familiar characters then introduces dozens of new ones: a baseball team, a train conductor, a peanut salesman, detectives, a Miss America pageant, star-struck tourists, sword wielding knights and much more. As a pawn from the second square of the chessboard, Alice must travel to the eighth square to accomplish her goal of becoming a queen. Each step of her passage brings her face to face with new characters and adventures as well as celebrations when she achieves each aspiration. The zany dialogue and eclectic mix of toe-tapping tunes will have you grinning like a Cheshire cat!
AGES: 11 – 16
WHEN: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Mondays, October 24, 2016 – February 6, 2017. (No class on October 31, December 26, and January 2.) Final performance: February 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Click here to register for this class.
AGES: 7 – 11
Session 1: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Mondays, October 24, 2016 – February 6, 2017. (No class on October 31, December 26, and January 2.) Final performance: February 6, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Click here to register for Session 1.
Session 2: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, November 2, 2016 – February 8, 2017. (No class on November 23 and December 28.) Final performance: February 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Click here to register for Session 2.
Session 3: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, November 2, 2016 – February 8, 2017. (No class on November 23 and December 28.) Final performance: February 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Click here to register for Session 3.
THE FOLLOWING FALL WORKSHOPS ARE CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS.
CTA HARMONIX * CLASS IN PROGRESS *
Join us for good times, singing, and dancing as we take on the hits from classic radio to modern-day Broadway! A performance will be on the last day during class time.
AGES: 10 – 16
WHEN: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; Saturdays, September 17 – November 12, 2016
INSTRUCTOR: Michelle Harmon Bruno
MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE WORKSHOPS 1 & 2 * CLASSES IN PROGRESS *
Learn basic terms and technique in ballet, tap, jazz & more. You will be taught intermediate level dances to well known Broadway show tunes. A performance will be on the last day during class time.
WORKSHOP 1 AGES: 6 – 10
WHEN: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.; Saturdays, September 17 – November 12, 2016 (no class on 10/29)
WORKSHOP 2 AGES: 11 – 16
WHEN: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Saturdays, September 17 – November 12, 2016 (no class on 10/29)
INSTRUCTOR: Anwar Thomas
NON-MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOPS
AGES: 7 – 15 * CLASS IN PROGRESS *
WHEN: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, September 22 – December 1, 2016. (No class on November 24.) Final performance: December 1, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
HOMESCHOOLERS AGES: 7 – 15 * CLASS IN PROGRESS *
WHEN: 1:15-3:15 p.m. Tuesdays, September 27 – November 29, 2016. Final performance: November 29, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
The Fine Print
Registration is required for all workshops and students must be a CTA member to participate. Memberships are $10 for an individual, $20 for a family. Click here to register online.
Students are required wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or closed toe shoes (no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or skirts for the ladies.) Students are not allowed to bring cell phones, toys, games or other electronic devices. A telephone is available for emergency use.
All workshops are located at CTA’s theater complex in Bay Head Park, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis 21409. For more information email our Education Team at email@example.com or call us at 410-757-2281 (ext. 4).
- Minimum of 3 weeks prior to camp: Full refund minus the membership fee.
- 2 weeks prior to camp: Refund minus $75 registration fee and membership fee.
- First day of camp or later: No refund
Inclement Weather Policy: Workshops follow the Anne Arundel County School closings. If schools are closed or afternoon and evening activities are cancelled, the workshop is cancelled for the day. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Sign In/Out Policy: Please know that the purpose of all this is for your student’s safety and well-being. Thank you for your cooperation and for helping our program run smoothly!
- Students, including teens, must be checked in and out by a responsible adult. Please sign your student into their class and say hi to the teacher or supervising adult. This will help us to know who you are!
- If you will be more than 5 minutes late picking up your student, please call the Instructor or our office at 410-757-2281 to let us know.
- Please notify the teacher if another adult has your permission to pick up your student that day. Parents must understand that once their student is signed out, they are no longer the responsibility of Children’s Theatre of Annapolis.