CTA provides a wide range of theatre arts education, including:
- Audition workshops, including the basics of how to audition and how to get noticed by the production team.
- Workshops with multiple sessions in both fall and winter sessions, held weekly over 8 to 12 weeks period focusing on development of the total performer and ending with a performance for family, friends, and the general public.
- Special masterclasses are presented periodically with highly regarded professionals in different areas of the theatre arts.
- “Behind the Scenes” training is presented to all production participants and walks them through all the aspects of the physical theatre.
These programs give each participant the opportunity to learn the basics of theatre, expand their imagination, develop voice, dance and performance techniques, and much more. All training, workshops and camps are aimed to specific age and skill groups.
BROADWAY CONNECTION MASTER CLASS :: Matilda
Children’s Theatre of Annapolis & Broadway Connection (BC) are bringing Broadway to you! Join us for an exciting and inspiring class taught by BC teachers and current Broadway performers from Matilda the Musical.
This Musical Theatre Production Master Class focuses on: Dancing, Singing & Acting for the stage. During Broadway Connection Master Classes, students learn to stand out in front of directors, choreographers and professors when auditioning for top universities or the Broadway role of their dreams. Each class ends with a Broadway Connection Q & A where students and parents ask questions and receive detailed advice on education, auditions, Broadway shows and more. Whether polishing dance technique or perfecting triple threat skills, students leave their Broadway Connection class completely inspired, energized and focused to continue training hard and reach new heights!
Spaces are limited. Don’t delay! Register today!
- SESSION 1: Ages 8 – 11
- SESSION 2: Ages 12 – 18
WHEN: Saturday, December 19; 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Broadway Connection
SCHOOL’S OUT WORKSHOPS (GRADES: K – 5)
Why sit at home with nothing to do on your day off from school? Join us for a day of drama-themed fun, singing, dancing, arts & crafts + a final performance at the end of the day! CTA School’s Out Workshops are intended for students grades: K – 5
SIGN UP FOR BOTH DAYS AT A DISCOUNTED RATE!
- Register for one (1) School’s Out Workshop Day: $95.
- Register for both days (2) School’s Out Workshop Days: $175 ($15 discount!).
Join us and create some SUPERHERO drama! What’s your superhero power?! The sky’s the limit in this one day action packed adventure camp! Play superhero role playing games, make exciting crafts and learn dynamic songs with some world-saving dance moves!
GRADES: K – 5
WHEN: Monday, January 25; 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Megan Murphy
Why sit at home on your day off from school when you can spend a magical day with us? Invoke your inner wizard or witch in this magical one day camp! You’ll spend a day filled with enchanting arts & crafts, mystical songs, spellbinding dances, & more!
GRADES: K – 5
WHEN: Tuesday, January 26; 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Megan Murphy
PRODUCTION WORKSHOPS presented by Tiffany Shannon Productions
Through workshops students gain experience and knowledge in acting techniques, improvisation, characterization, movement, props, scenery, and much more. Production workshops conclude with a final performance on the Main Stage of the Children’s Theatre of Annapolis. In production workshops, teamwork is a major focus and all participants are guaranteed a role. We encourage students with all levels of experience to attend.
*Please note: workshop productions are subject to change due to cast requirements and limitations.
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOPS – CLASSES ALREADY IN SESSION
✩ WINNER! 2015 Children’s Musical Theatre Festival, NYC ✩ By Denver Casado and Betina Hershey
AGES: 7 – 11
Session 1: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Mondays, October 26, 2015 to February 1, 2016. (No class November 23, November 30, and December 28.) Final Performance at 6:30 p.m. February 2, 2016
Session 2: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, October 21, 2015 to January 27, 2016. (No class November 25, December 2, and December 30.) Final performance at 5:00 p.m. February 3, 2016
Session 3: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, October 21, 2015 to January 27, 2016. (No class November 25, December 2, and December 30.) Final performance at 7:00 p.m. February 3, 2016
AGES: 11 – 16
WHEN: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Mondays, October 19, 2015 to January 25, 2016. (No class November 23, November 30, and December 28.) Final Performance at 7:30 p.m. February 1, 2016
NON-MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOPS – CLASSES ALREADY IN SESSION
By Flip Kobler and Cindy Marcus
AGES: 7 – 15
WHEN: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, September 17, 2015 to November 19, 2015. Final performance on November 19, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
HOMESCHOOLERS AGES: 7 – 15
WHEN: 1:00-3:00 p.m. Tuesdays, September 15, 2015 to November 17, 2015. Final performance on November 17, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
The Fine Print
Registration is required for all workshops and students must be a CTA member to participate. Memberships are $10 for an individual, $20 for a family. Click here to register online.
Students are required wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or closed toe shoes (no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or skirts for the ladies.) Students are not allowed to bring cell phones, toys, games or other electronic devices. A telephone is available for emergency use.
All workshops are located at CTA’s theater in Bay Head Park, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis 21409. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 410-757-2281.
- Minimum of 3 weeks prior to camp: Full refund minus the membership fee.
- 2 weeks prior to camp: Refund minus $75 registration fee and membership fee.
- First day of camp or later: No refund
Inclement Weather Policy: Workshops follow the Anne Arundel County School closings. If schools are closed or afternoon and evening activities are cancelled, the workshop is cancelled for the day. You can email email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
Sign In/Out Policy: Please know that the purpose of all this is for your student’s safety and well-being. Thank you for your cooperation and for helping our program run smoothly!
- Students, including teens, must be checked in and out by a responsible adult. Please sign your student into their class and say hi to the teacher or supervising adult. This will help us to know who you are!
- If you will be more than 5 minutes late picking up your student, please call the Instructor or our office at 410-757-2281 to let us know.
- Please notify the teacher if another adult has your permission to pick up your student that day. Parents must understand that once their student is signed out, they are no longer the responsibility of Children’s Theatre of Annapolis.