CTA provides a wide range of theatre arts education, including:
- Audition workshops, including the basics of how to audition and how to get noticed by the production team.
- Workshops with multiple sessions in both fall and winter sessions, held weekly over 8 to 12 weeks period focusing on development of the total performer and ending with a performance for family, friends, and the general public.
- Special masterclasses are presented periodically with highly regarded professionals in different areas of the theatre arts.
- “Behind the Scenes” training is presented to all production participants and walks them through all the aspects of the physical theatre.
These programs give each participant the opportunity to learn the basics of theatre, expand their imagination, develop voice, dance and performance techniques, and much more. All training, workshops and camps are aimed to specific age and skill groups.
BROADWAY CONNECTION MASTER CLASS
CTA & Broadway Connection (BC) are bringing Broadway to you! Join us for an exciting & inspiring Master Class taught by BC teachers & current Broadway performers from Disney’s BEAUTY & THE BEAST. This Musical Theatre Production Master Class focuses on: dancing, singing & acting for the stage. During BC Master Classes, students learn to stand out in front of directors, choreographers and professors when auditioning for top universities or the Broadway role of their dreams. Each class ends with a Q & A where students ask questions and receive detailed advice on education, auditions, Broadway shows and more. Whether polishing dance technique or perfecting triple threat skills, students leave their BC class completely inspired, energized and focused to continue training hard and reach new heights!
As an added bonus for this event, we are offering our students the opportunity to see the show at the Hippodrome Theatre in Baltimore, MD, for a discounted ticket price! The performance will be held on Friday, May 13 at 7:30 p.m. Families are able to purchase additional tickets for friends and family once their student is registered.
Our tickets are located in the Center Upper Balcony, rows P and Q. These tickets are normally sold for $90.50 per person. Through this special bonus your ticket price is only $69.42 per person. That’s 23% off of the regular ticket price. Our quantity of tickets is limited, so don’t delay!
Meet our Broadway Connection Instructors!
David Grindrod is originally from Annapolis, Maryland. He is happy to be back on the road with BEAUTY AND THE BEAST after playing Mark on the national tour of A CHORUS LINE. David’s New York and regional credits include: Brooklyn Academy of Music, Weston Playhouse, and Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. He has also spent time dancing at Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando. He has choreographed alongside directors Jacob Brent, Bob Cline, and Tony Award Winner, Victoria Clark and has his BFA in Musical Theatre from Pace University. He’s thrilled to be a part of the Broadway Connection family! #BroadwayConnectionFamily @BwayConnection
Hayley is a graduate of UC Irvine with an MFA in Acting and BA in Drama. She is thrilled to be touring the country as the Dance Captain and Swing of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! She has performed across the country with the New Swan Shakespeare Festival, Counterbalance Theater, Davis Shakespeare Ensemble, PCPA Theaterfest and Moonlight Amphitheater. Her work on TV and Film has been seen on Warner Bros, Columbia TriStar and Twentieth Century Fox. And as a choreographer, Hayley has created over a dozen professional productions and her experience as an educator is extensive. She is thrilled to be sharing her experience, training and passion with artists across the country as a Broadway Connection Master Teacher! #BroadwayConnectionFamily @BwayConnection
- SESSION 1: Ages 8 – 11
- SESSION 2: Ages 12 – 18
- TUITION: $120.00
- TUITION + PERFORMANCE: $189.42
- WHEN: Saturday, May 14; 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- WHERE: Children’s Theatre of Annapolis, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis, MD 21409 (Bay Head Park)
- PERFORMANCE: Friday, May 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- PERFORMANCE LOCATION: Hippodrome Theatre, 12 N Eutaw Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Each person attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from the event.
- Each person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible parent/guardian.
- We will meet you at the Hippodrome Theatre with your tickets on the evening of the performance. An email with details will be sent to each student prior to the event.
INSTRUCTOR: Broadway Connection
Broadway Connection Teachers are the stars of every Broadway tour, Broadway production, dance company, film, TV show and regional theatre production. They are the most in-demand teachers, choreographers and performers who are excited to educate and inspire performing arts students worldwide. Click here for more information about the Broadway Connection instructors.
INSTRUCTOR: Tiffany Shannon
Tiffany Shannon has been studying dance & theatre for over 30 years. She has trained at Towson University, The Studio Theatre in DC, AACC, Palomar College and CA University in San Marcos. Click here to read more about Tiffany.
Kids Cabaret Tuition: $270.00
This week-long summer camp focuses on the three main components of musical theatre. Singing, dancing and acting! Your student will have a blast as they sing and dance to styles ranging from classic musical theatre to funky hip-hop. Students will build confidence playing improv games, working on group acting scenes, and so much more! There will be a final performance for families and friends on CTA’s mainstage. The performance will take place on Friday during the last hour of camp. Don’t forget to send in a pre-washed t-shirt for your student to tie-dye and wear for the performance!
Ages 12-17, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- June 27- July 1 Click here to register for Kids Cabaret Ages 12-17.
Ages 8-11, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*Please choose only one session from the options below. Students may not register for multiple sessions.
- Session 1- July 11-15 Click here to register for Kids Cabaret Session 1
- Session 2- July 25-29 Click here to register for Kids Cabaret Session 2
- Session 3- August 8-12 Click here to register for Kids Cabaret Session 3
- Session 4- August 15-19 Click here to register for Kids Cabaret Session 4
Wee Kids Cabaret Tuition: $200.00
Do you have a little performer at home? We have the workshop for you! Students will meet others with similar interests and build social skills through singing, dancing and acting out our favorite stories. Students will gain insight on becoming a character and movement skills. There will be an exciting performance for friends and family during the last half hour on the final day of camp!
*Please choose only one session from the options below. Students may not register for multiple sessions.
- Session 1- July 18-22; 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Click here to register for Wee Kids Cabaret Session 1
- Session 2- July 18-22; 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Click here to register for Wee Kids Cabaret Session 2
- Session 3- August 1-5; 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Click here to register for Wee Kids Cabaret Session 3
PRODUCTION WORKSHOPS presented by Tiffany Shannon Productions
**THESE CLASSES ARE ALREADY IN PROGRESS**
Through workshops students gain experience and knowledge in acting techniques, improvisation, characterization, movement, props, scenery, and much more. Production workshops conclude with a final performance on the Main Stage of the Children’s Theatre of Annapolis. In production workshops, teamwork is a major focus and all participants are guaranteed a role. We encourage students with all levels of experience to attend.
*Please note: workshop productions are subject to change due to cast requirements and limitations.
NON-MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOPS ** THESE CLASSES ARE ALREADY IN PROGRESS **
A PIRATE ADVENTURE By Charlotte Nixon
AGES: 7 – 15
WHEN: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, February 18, 2016 to April 28, 2016. (No class March 24.) Final performance on April 28, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
HOMESCHOOLERS AGES: 7 – 15
WHEN: 1:15-3:15 p.m. Tuesdays, February 16, 2016 to April 26, 2016. (No class March 22.) Final performance on April 26, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOPS ** THESE CLASSES ARE ALREADY IN PROGRESS **
✩ WINNER! 2014 Children’s Musical Theatre Festival, NYC ✩ By Denver Casado and Betina Hershey
AGES: 7 – 11
Session 1: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Mondays, February 15, 2016 to May 9, 2016. (No class March 21.) Final Performance at 3:00 p.m. May 14, 2016.
Session 2: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, February 17, 2016 to May 11, 2016. (No class March 23.) Final Performance at 5:00 p.m. May 14, 2016.
Session 3: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, February 17, 2016 to May 11, 2016. (No class March 23.) Final performance at 7:00 p.m. May 14, 2016.
AGES: 11 – 16
WHEN: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Mondays, February 15, 2016 to May 9, 2016. (No class March 21.) Final Performance at 7:00 p.m. May 13, 2016.
The Fine Print
Registration is required for all workshops and students must be a CTA member to participate. Memberships are $10 for an individual, $20 for a family. Click here to register online.
Students are required wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or closed toe shoes (no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or skirts for the ladies.) Students are not allowed to bring cell phones, toys, games or other electronic devices. A telephone is available for emergency use.
All workshops are located at CTA’s theater in Bay Head Park, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis 21409. For more information email email@example.com or call us at 410-757-2281.
- Minimum of 3 weeks prior to camp: Full refund minus the membership fee.
- 2 weeks prior to camp: Refund minus $75 registration fee and membership fee.
- First day of camp or later: No refund
Inclement Weather Policy: Workshops follow the Anne Arundel County School closings. If schools are closed or afternoon and evening activities are cancelled, the workshop is cancelled for the day. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Sign In/Out Policy: Please know that the purpose of all this is for your student’s safety and well-being. Thank you for your cooperation and for helping our program run smoothly!
- Students, including teens, must be checked in and out by a responsible adult. Please sign your student into their class and say hi to the teacher or supervising adult. This will help us to know who you are!
- If you will be more than 5 minutes late picking up your student, please call the Instructor or our office at 410-757-2281 to let us know.
- Please notify the teacher if another adult has your permission to pick up your student that day. Parents must understand that once their student is signed out, they are no longer the responsibility of Children’s Theatre of Annapolis.