CTA provides a wide range of theatre arts education, including:
- Audition workshops, including the basics of how to audition and how to get noticed by the production team.
- Workshops with multiple sessions in both fall and winter sessions, held weekly over 8 to 12 weeks period focusing on development of the total performer and ending with a performance for family, friends, and the general public.
- Special masterclasses are presented periodically with highly regarded professionals in different areas of the theatre arts.
- “Behind the Scenes” training is presented to all production participants and walks them through all the aspects of the physical theatre.
These programs give each participant the opportunity to learn the basics of theatre, expand their imagination, develop voice, dance and performance techniques, and much more. All training, workshops and camps are aimed to specific age and skill groups.
BROADWAY CONNECTION MASTER CLASS
Join us for an exciting & inspiring master class taught by current Broadway performers from Something Rotten! who are also Broadway Connection (BC) teachers. This master class focuses on: dancing, singing, & acting for the stage. Learn to stand out in front of directors, choreographers, & professors when auditioning for top universities or the Broadway role of your dreams. Each class ends with a Q & A where you ask questions & receive detailed advice on education, auditions, Broadway shows, & more. Whether polishing dance technique or perfecting triple threat skills, students leave their Broadway Connection class completely inspired, energized, & focused to continue training hard and reach new heights!
AGES: 12 – 18
WHEN: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Saturday, April 22, 2017
TEACHING ARTIST: Ian Campayno (Broadway Connection teaching artist)
Ian joins the Broadway tour of Something Rotten straight from the National Touring production of Chicago and the Broadway production of Mary Poppins (Ensemble, Adonis). He also toured with the Broadway National tour of Mary Poppins. He holds a BFA in Musical Theatre from Shenandoah Conservatory. Other National tours include Wizard of Oz (Assistant Dance Captain, Swing, U/S Scarecrow) and CATS (Swing). Regionally, he has performed in shows including Cabaret, A Christmas Carol, Hello Dolly, 42nd Street, and Forum. Ian is a proud AEA member and Broadway Connection Teaching Artist! Click here for more information about Broadway Connection.
Registrations are open for our Summer Camps! Click here to visit our Summer Camps webpage and check out our schedule & to register today.
THE FOLLOWING WORKSHOPS ARE CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS.
PASSPORT TO BROADWAY * CLASS IN PROGRESS *
AGES: 5 – 9
WHEN: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Saturdays, April 8, 15, & 22, 2017
MUSICAL THEATRE PRODUCTION WORKSHOPS * CLASSES IN PROGRESS *
Teaching Artist: Tiffany Shannon Productions, LLC
AGES: 7 to 11
SESSION 1: 4:30-6:30 p.m.; Mondays, February 13 – May 15, 2017. (No class on April 10.)
Performance: May 15, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
SESSION 2: 4:30-6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, February 15 – May 17, 2017. (No class on April 12.)
Performance: May 17 at 6:00 p.m.
SESSION 3: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, February 15 – May 17, 2017. (No class on April 12.)
Performance: May 17, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
AGES: 11 to 16
WHEN: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Mondays, February 20 – May 15, 2017.
Performance:: May 15, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
THEATRE PRODUCTION WORKSHOPS * CLASSES IN PROGRESS *
Teaching Artist: Tiffany Shannon Productions, LLC
HOMESCHOOL EDITION AGES: 7 to 15
WHEN: 1:15-3:15 p.m.; Tuesdays, February 28 – May 9, 2017. (No class on April 11.)
Performance: May 9, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
AGES: 7 to 15
WHEN: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, March 2 – May 11, 2017. (No class on April 13.)
Performance: May 11, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
The Fine Print
Registration is required for all workshops and students must be a CTA member to participate. Memberships are $10 for an individual, $20 for a family. Click here to register online.
Students are required wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or closed toe shoes (no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or skirts for the ladies.) Students are not allowed to bring cell phones, toys, games or other electronic devices. A telephone is available for emergency use.
All workshops are located at CTA’s theater complex in Bay Head Park, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis 21409. For more information email our Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 410-757-2281 (ext. 4).
- Minimum of 3 weeks prior to camp: Full refund minus the membership fee.
- 2 weeks prior to camp: Refund minus $75 registration fee and membership fee.
- First day of camp or later: No refund
Inclement Weather Policy: Workshops follow the Anne Arundel County School closings. If schools are closed or afternoon and evening activities are cancelled, the workshop is cancelled for the day. You can email email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
Sign In/Out Policy: Please know that the purpose of all this is for your student’s safety and well-being. Thank you for your cooperation and for helping our program run smoothly!
- Students, including teens, must be checked in and out by a responsible adult. Please sign your student into their class and say hi to the teacher or supervising adult. This will help us to know who you are!
- If you will be more than 5 minutes late picking up your student, please call the Instructor or our office at 410-757-2281 to let us know.
- Please notify the teacher if another adult has your permission to pick up your student that day. Parents must understand that once their student is signed out, they are no longer the responsibility of Children’s Theatre of Annapolis.