CTA provides young performers workshops, audition training, summer camp and “Behind the Scenes” theater training days. These programs give each participant the opportunity to learn the basics of theatre, expand their imagination, develop voice, dance and performance techniques, and much more.
CTA provides a wide range of theatre arts education, including:
- Audition workshops, including the basics of how to audition and how to get noticed by the production team.
- Workshops with multiple sessions in both fall and winter sessions, held weekly over 8 to 12 weeks period focusing on development of the total performer and ending with a performance for family, friends, and the general public.
- Special master classes are presented periodically with highly regarded professionals in different areas of the theatre arts.
- “Behind the Scenes” training is presented to all production participants and walks them through all the aspects of the physical theatre.
All training, workshops and camps are aimed to specific age and skill groups.
Registration is required for all workshops and students must be a CTA member to participate. Memberships are $10 for an individual, $20 for a family. To register, download and complete the Education Registration Form and follow the instructions at the bottom of the form on how to submit your completed Registration Form and payment.
Students are required wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or closed toe shoes (no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or skirts for the ladies.) Students are not allowed to bring cell phones, toys, games or other electronic devices. A telephone is available for emergency use.
All workshops are located at CTA’s new theater in Bay Head Park, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis 21409. For more information email email@example.com or call us at (410) 757-2281.
- Minimum of 3 weeks prior to camp: Full refund minus the membership fee.
- 2 weeks prior to camp: Refund minus $75 registration fee and membership fee.
- First day of camp or later: No refund
Inclement Weather Policy: Workshops follow the Anne Arundel County School closings. If schools are closed or afternoon and evening activities are cancelled, the workshop is cancelled for the day. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
For questions or to be placed on a wait list, please call 410-757-2281.
This week long summer camp focuses on the three main components of musical theatre. Singing, dancing and acting! Your student will have a blast as they sing and dance to styles ranging from classic musical theatre ballads to funky hip-hop. Students will build confidence playing improv games, working on group acting scenes, and so much more! There will be a final performance for families and friends on CTA’s main stage. The performance will take place on Friday during the last hour of camp. Don’t forget to send in a pre-washed t-shirt for your student to tie-dye and wear for the performance!
Ages 8-11, 10am-3pm
Session 1: July 14-18 Call 410-757-2281 to be placed on the Wait List
Session 2: July 28- August 1 Call 410-757-2281 to be placed on the Wait List
Session 3: August 11-15 Call 410-757-2281 to be placed on the Wait List
Session 4: August 18 – 22 ** NEW SESSION AVAILABLE **
Ages 12-17, 12pm-5pm
Wee Kids Cabaret
Do you have a little performer at home? We have the workshop for you! Students will meet others with similar interests and build social skills through singing, dancing and acting out our favorite stories. Students will gain insight on becoming a character and movement skills. There will be an exciting performance for families and friends on CTA’s main stage on the final day at 12:30 p.m.
Ages 5-7, 10am-1pm
Session 1- July 21-25 Call 410-757-2281 to be placed on the Wait List
Session 2- August 4-8 Call 410-757-2281 to be placed on the Wait List